Deep Blue Event | Sustainable Surf x PPG
We’re stoked to announce that the PPG and Sustainable Surf are collaborating to make the 2017 Pacific Paddle Games an ocean-friendly Deep Blue Event™. That means we’re working with Sustainable Surf and their Deep Blue Event partners Harmless Harvest, Raw Elements Sunscreen, Earth Technologies and Plastic Tides to keep waste out of our oceans and landfills, go plastic-straw-free, minimize our carbon footprint, use greener transport, and support the local community.
Here’s how you can make a positive impact:
- Bring a reusable bottle to the event. Head to the Deep Blue Watering Hole for free water refills – saving plastic bottles from ending up in our oceans and landfills.
- Keep your trash out of the ocean and recycle. Use the bins and get involved in beach clean-ups throughout the event.
- #stopsucking. The event will be plastic-straw-free. Head to the Deep Blue Zone to hear more.
- Tread lightly. You can minimize your carbon footprint by carpooling and skating/biking/walking to the event site.
- Ride an ECOBOARD SUP.
Want to find out the latest eco-innovations in paddling? Head to the Deep Blue Zones and experience:
- ECOBOARD SUP glassing by Earth Technologies. Using bio-resin, recyclable EPS foam and other eco-materials
- ECOBOARD EPS-to-Earth by Living Earth Systems. Bioremediation is the next wave is ‘surfboard recycling’
- The latest ECOBOARD SUPs from: